There are significant performance differences between standard and winter tyres in wintry conditions:
- On wet roads at 62mph winter tyres stop 4.8m sooner
- On snowy roads at 30mph winter tyres stop 8m sooner
- On icy roads at 20mph winter tyres stop 11m sooner
WINTER TYRES PROVIDE:
- Higher levels of road safety during the colder winter months
- Shorter stopping distances compared to summer tyres, on both wet
and dry roads at low temperatures
- Improved mileage in winter weather when compared to summer tyres
- The wear on summer tyres increases during the winter months reducing mileage by up to 20%
Open block pattern, with multiple sipes, plus low temperature tread compound. Most effective between -7 and +7 degrees C, provides better traction, grip and handling on snow, slush, ice and frosty roads. Must be fitted as a set all around the vehicle.
Winter tyres carrying the 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol, indicating they are suitable for severe winter conditions, and SHOULD NOT BE FITTED out of season.
SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM ON
All-weather/4-season tyres (which carry the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol) are designed to provide balanced dry and wet performance levels, as well as good traction in snow, ice, frost and on cold wet roads.
They have the benefit of being ABLE TO BE FITTED ALL-YEAR ROUND., saving on the cost and inconvenience of summer/winter swop-over, and are an ideal option for the typical UK climate.
Their performance difference over standard 'summer' tyres is such that they MUST BE FITTED IN SETS OF FOUR.